Summer Memories...

The other day, I was going through my timehop app when this appeared. 


This post took me back to what was one of my greatest summers ever. I remember this trip like it was just yesterday; not six years ago.
It was the summer between my Sophomore and Junior years of high school and I had spent half of it with my grandparents. 
They had come up at the beginning of July for my cousins birthday and a few days later, we set out for a month of making memories. 
The trip was filled with shopping, camping, boating, learning new things, but most importantly it was full of quality time I got to spend with them and other members of my wonderful family. 


That summer was also full of many firsts for me. 
First time camping at Lake Shelbyville.
First time boating with my family.
First time driving my grandparents car.
~This was a big deal because I was the first grandchild that was allowed to drive their car.~
First time sailing.
But most importantly, this was the first time that I realized that these are the times and memories that will last forever and no one can take them away.
These are memories that I will forever keep.
The only thing I would change would be the chance to make more with them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Days of Thanks- Day 5

30 Days of Thanks- Day 29

Summer 2019