As I lay here in my nice warm bed with my dogs writing this, it is currently -8 degrees Fahrenheit with a wind chill of -27 degrees Fahrenheit. That seems to be the norm lately. I guess I shouldn't complain because it could be a lot worse.
During these cold times, leaving the house sounds like a nightmare and getting out of a warm bed sounds almost as bad. Staying home all day can be boring at times, so here is my top 10 list of things to do on an extremely cold day/snow day.
1. Watch a movie- Grab the popcorn and turn on your favorite movie. One of my favorite go to movies is Despicable Me.
2. Take a nap- Use your time wisely. You never know when you'll get the chance to take a nap. If you have the time now to take a nap. Do it!
3. Bake cookies- What could be better than a warm chocolate chip cookie fresh out of the oven on a cold day?
4. Read a book- Grab a new book off your shelf or one of your favorites along with a fuzzy blanket. Curl up on the couch and before you know it, your done with the book and you forgot about how cold it is outside.
5. Binge watch your favorite T.V. show- Who says you can't watch more than one season a day?
6. Play around with your makeup- If you have been wanting to try something new with you makeup, there is no time like now. If it doesn't turn out the way you want it to, it doesn't matter. It's not like you're leaving the house. Just wipe it off and try again.
7. Play board games- If someone is home with you, get out those old board games and dust them off. Make new memories while remembering the old ones.
8. Watch YouTube videos- There are many amazing YouTubers who make amazing videos. Plus it's free!
9. Plan your Spring Break or Summer Break vacation- Nothing will help keep your mind of the brutal cold outside like planning an amazing trip to somewhere hot with sandy beaches and palm trees. I always like to say that palm trees make everything better.
10. ENJOY YOUR DAY!