Sadness of September

The month of September is a very emotional month for family and for myself. September brings birthdays, wedding anniversaries, cornfest, and anniversaries of the passing of my Grandpa and Grandma.


Just as anyone else would say about their own grandparents, my Grandma and Grandpa were two of the greatest people I have ever known. They were full of love for each other and full of love for everyone else. Words can not begin to explain how much we miss them both each and every day.

My Grandpa and I summer 2009
I was very lucky to have spent the last month of my grandpa's life with him. I was able to gain a month of memories that I will hold in my heart forever. On September 27, 2013 my family and I got to say our final good-byes to such a wonder man who will forever be in our hearts.
 
My brothers and I with our Grandma. Summer 2013
After my Grandpa passed away, my Grandma moved in with my family. Four days shy of the two year anniversary of my Grandpa's passing, my family experienced an unexpected loss. My Grandma had joined Grandpa in heaven. When I left that morning, I had no idea that it would be the last time I would tell her "I'll see you later" as  I walked out the door. It seems just like yesterday this all happened but today (as I write this) has been one year. I remember the day like it happened yesterday. September 23, 2013 will be a day I will never forget.  Although we all miss you more than words can describe, we know that you are together again. You both are watching down on us; keeping us safe as if you were here with us today. 


I miss and love you both with all my heart. September will never be the same. Our lives will never be the same but knowing you are together again helps shed a little light on these difficult days when we can not think of nothing but you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Days of Thanks- Day 5

30 Days of Thanks- Day 29

Summer 2019