Dear Future Me,

Dear future me,
There are so many questions I want to ask you! There are so many things I want to know about you! Did you graduate college yet? Have you gotten married? Have you had kids? Where do you live? Do you work? If so, where? Did you ever figure out how to do winged eyeliner without looking like a total mess? Although I have all these questions, there are a few things I want to remind you of just in case you have forgotten.
.
The first thing I want to remind you of is very important. I want to remind you of all the bad, upsetting, and trying time you have had. You may be wondering why I want you to remember these times that you have tried so hard to forget; but trust me, there is a reason. Just think back to them. Do you remember? It's because of those times that you are where you are today. Yes, the good, happy times play a part in the success you're living today but it's because you worked hard, stayed positive, and looked toward your future during those rough times that you made it through them. Use the memories of those hard times and how you got through them for the next hard time you go through. Trust me, hard times are sure to hit again but you can get through it. You have done it before. You can do it again. 

Remember, sometimes it is OK to put yourself first and others second at times. I know this is NOT what you were taught growing up but your happiness is very important. You can not help others if you're not happy and well. Going with the point of putting yourself first at times, remember what you want for yourself and from yourself; not what others want for you and from you. You've worked hard to get to the point of knowing what you want. DO NOT let others change that for you. Lastly, I want to remind you to be YOURSELF. Only you can be you! No one else can! Be the best you you can possible be. 

I WISH YOU NOTHING BUT HAPPINESS, LOVE, AND SUCCESS!!

LOVE ,
ME (9/18/2014)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Days of Thanks- Day 5

30 Days of Thanks- Day 29

Summer 2019