26 Things I Have Learned In 26 Years


1) My universe revolves around me.
To some this may sound self-centered but it's the truth and I'm not going to apologize for it.

 2) Blood does not mean family and family does not mean blood.
Some of my closest friends I consider family.  Also, just because we share DNA does not mean we are family. 

3) Some people are meant to be in your life and some are not.
No matter how much you try or how much you want someone to be in and apart of your life it may not work out. It can be difficult to understand but meant to be. 

4) God has a plan for you.


5) LEGGINGS ARE PANTS.

6) Success can be measured by many things.
Success can be measured by money, job, family, house, or many other things in life. To be successful, you need to find what success means to you.

7) Wealth is not measured by how much money you have.
This goes along with success. Wealth can be defined by different things. You need to find which definition works for you.

8) My dogs can be better listeners than most people.
They may fall asleep while I'm talking to them but I know I can always talk to them.

9) I am in charge of my happiness.
If I'm not happy, it's up to me to fix the problem. It's not the responsibility of others to make you happy.

10) Celebrate the smallest victories and successes.


11) It's O.K. to say "No" to people.
From the simplest question to the largest situation; it's O.K. to say no.


12)Don't let others tell you what you need in your life.
I'll listen to your suggestions and reasons why, but ultimately it's my decision of who and what I need in my life.

13) 99% of the time the book is better than the movie.

14) Take time to make memories.
Memories are some of the greatest things in life. Sometimes they could be the only things you're left with.

15) It's O.K. to cut the toxic people out of your life.


16) If people don't like the way I look it's their problem; not mine.
If you don't like the way I look; don't look at me. I dress the in a way I feel comfortable.



17) Tattoos don't define who a person is. 
My tattoo is one of the best decisions I have made. I can't wait to get more.



18) I don't have to explain myself to anyone.



19) Cereal tastes better at night.



20)Everything happens for a reason. 
Things can be predictable at times and other times not, but it's important to remember that there is a reason for everything but not always an explanation.



21) Being an adult can be hard and sometimes ice cream is needed for breakfast.



22) No matter how many times you fail, you have to keep going.
Failure will always be apart of life, but it's important to keep going.



23) There's no going back.



24) My hair color doesn't define who I am. 
Every time I dye my hair a different color, natural or not, I always get asked "why?"  My answer: Because I wanted to.



25) People change more often than you think.
 Sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad.



26) Forgive but don't forget.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Days of Thanks- Day 5

30 Days of Thanks- Day 29

Summer 2019